What are the Amazing Health Benefits of Ginger root for Pregnant Women (During Pregnancy) and Beauty
Pungent, spicy ginger root is one of popular root herb of culinary as well as medicinal importance. The root ginger composes unique phyto-chemical compounds and still finds a special place in many traditional Indian and Chinese medicines for its disease preventing and health promoting properties.
The spicy root is actually an underground rhizome of small herb plant belonging to the Zingiberaceae family, of the genus: Zingiber.
Ginger is thought to have originated in the Himalayan foothills of Northern India. Today, it is widely grown all over the world as a major commercial spice crop. Ginger plant grows to about a meter in height and features thin grass like dark-green leaves and small yellow flowers.
Its root features knotty finger-like projections that grow downward from the ground surface. Fresh raw root has a silver gray outer surface. Cut sections feature creamy white, yellow, or red-colored crunchy flesh depending upon the variety. The root often contains fibrils running through its center, especially in over-mature roots. Ginger has pungent, spicy and aromatic smell that comes from essential oils and phenolic compounds such as gingerols and shogaols in the root.
Galangal (Alpinia galanga), also known as blue ginger, is closely related herb that is used extensively in East Asian regions, especially in Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesian cuisine. Galangal has mild, subtle flavor and less pungent than ginger.
What are the Health Benefits of Ginger root for Pregnant Women and Beauty ?
Ginger Benefits For Beauty
Ginger than beneficial for health, are also useful for facial skin beauty. Well, for those of you who love to do skin care. You’ll want to read about the benefits of ginger following:
1. Overcoming of oily skin. Ginger is believed to overcome oily skin. As for how to take advantage of this ginger is by mixing already grated ginger, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and salt. Then, mix with water to form a paste. Apply to face up evenly and leave to soak. Then rinse your face with clean water.
2. Moisturize and soften the skin. You can also use ginger to soften your skin. Do this by mix pomegranate juice and grated ginger. Once mixed, then immediately apply this ingredient evenly and then let stand for 20 minutes. Clean with water.
Benefits of ginger for pregnant women
With good compounds found in ginger, ginger also make nutritious for pregnant women. Ginger in addition to reducing the occurrence of morning sickness in younger pregnant women can also form immune fetus in the belly of pregnant women because the content of vitamin C in the ginger.
Ginger also contains folic acid can prevent the risk of birth defects. For pregnant women, should consumption of natural ginger and not in the form of supplements or herbal medicines are sold freely on the market.
Medicinal uses :
- Ginger root slices, boiled in water with lemon or orange juice, and honey, is a popular herbal drink in ayurvedic medicine to relieve common cold, cough, and sore throat.
- Its extraction is used as a vehicle to mask bitterness and after-taste in traditional ayurvedic preparations.
- Gingerols increase the motility of the gastrointestinal tract and have analgesic, sedative, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties. Studies have shown that it may help reduce nausea caused by motion sickness or pregnancy and may help relieve migraine.
Thus I created this article to provide information on the “Amazing Benefits of Ginger root for Pregnant Women and Beauty” may be able to give a good knowledge for the readers. If this article is pleased and feel good, would you to share this article via Facebook, Twitter (@D_Vegetarian) so your friends know this information.
Good Luck 🙂