If you are a working person, you are probably one of those people who can’t do without snacks while doing office tasks. Snacks play a very important role which is that of keeping us energized to be productive as we handle various aspects of our work routines.Well, not all office environments allow or condone snacking while working but if your workplace doesn’t have any qualms with it, you should go ahead and enjoy it while you can but while doing it the healthy way. However, not everything with a snack tag on it should be on your list, because there are awfully unhealthy choices of snacks out there.
You should strive to eat healthy; given these are things you are constantly reaching out for, which mean per day there is a lot of either healthy or unhealthy stuff you are packing on. There are pretty much very many choices of healthy snacks to choose out from, so there shouldn’t be a reason for you to pick on unhealthy choice. There are many guides on eating healthy work snacks you can go through from the internet and see the various options you can explore. This guide has provided a list of some of the healthiest snacks you can eat while at work, with zero health repercussions of lifestyle diseases like obesity and cancer or diabetes.
Top healthy snacks to keep you energized while juggling office work
The following makes a list of snacks options you can try out when in an office working environment;
- Greek yogurt. If you are looking for a healthy option for yogurt, this type provides the best alternative. It is unsweetened which means it doesn’t have any flavor enhancers, and it has the right amounts of protein. It also consists of calcium and minerals which are vital for bone structure strengthening.
- Baked veggie chips. This healthy snack is also recommended for workplace, but the home made one since the store based have unhealthy additives. You can easily prepare these chips using ingredients like sweet potatoes, zucchini, carrots and beets. Bake them for close to two hours using olive oil.
- Apples taken with peanut butter. Apples are yet another healthy choice you can take while at work. They are even more satisfying when taken with peanut butter. Apples have high fiber content while peanut butter on the other hand is rich in protein and fats. If you are not a water person, you could also use apples because of their 85% water concentration.
- Roasted chickpeas. This is yet another healthy snack alternative that you can use to keep hunger pangs at bay. They have fiber, proteins and can be easily prepared at home.
- Oatmeal packets. With a packet of oatmeal around, you can keep on working because of their energizing properties. They are good in keeping carbs in check and improving heart health.
Green smoothies. These are very easy to make and they are very nutritious. You can make smoothies from spinach, bananas, watermelon among other fruits