A banana is an edible fruit, botanically a berry, produced by several kinds of large herbaceous flowering plants in the genus Musa. In some countries, bananas used for cooking may be called plantains.
Banana is a perennial herbaceous plant that grows from the underground rhizome. It flourishes well under tropical, moisture-rich, humid, low-lying farmlands.
Banana has unique growth characteristics. In fact, the whole plant is a false stem (pseudostem). This pseudostem is consisting of broad leaves, together with their long petioles, overlapping each other in a disc-like fashion. The whole plant may reach upto 2 to 6 meters tall from the ground surface depending upon the cultivar types. At maturity, the rhizome gives rise to a flower (inflorescence) which is carried up along true core stem (smooth un-branched stem) which pass through the centre of pseudostem. The flower finally emerges out at the top in-between leaf clusters. The inflorescence subsequently develops to a huge hanging bunch, consisting of 3 to 20 hands (tiers), with each hand carrying at least 5-10 fingers (fruits).
Read Also :
- Health Benefits Of Banana Peels For Beauty Skin
- 9 Amazing Health Benefits Eat Banana Fruit Every Day
Lose Weight With a Banana :
Diet with bananas is one way to decrease the weight that is popular in Japan. Not only in Japan, is now the banana diet is also popular in Indonesia and around the world have a lot to give it a try.
Bananas are rich in fiber and vitamin C is high so it is good for the diet. Bananas can also prevent us to consume unhealthy foods in large quantities. This is because the body’s nutritional needs are met with a banana.
How to Make Banana Diet
- Breakfast with bananas as much as 1-2 fruit and two glasses of water.
- For lunch, could consume anything as long as avoiding foods that contain lots of oil and high calorie.
- As a distraction, you can consume bananas ½ -1 when really hungry or are you want to snack.
- For dinner, can eat healthy and balanced and should not be passed from 8 pm.
- Avoid ice cream, dairy products, alcohol, dessert after dinner and all drinks cold and sweet.
- Bananas are consumed bananas at room temperature, not bananas stored in the refrigerator or fried.
- Mealtimes should be started from 9 am – 8 pm only. In addition to these hours should drink only water.