What are the Health Benefits of Jicama (yam bean) For Beauty and your body
Pachyrhizus erosus, commonly known as jicama, Mexican yam, or Mexican turnip, is the name of a native Mexican vine, although the name most commonly refers to the plant’s edible tuberous root.
Jicama, also known as yam bean, is a round, fleshy taproot vegetable of bean family plants. Its underground starchy root is one of the popular edible tuber-vegetables grown in many parts of Central American, South Asian, Caribbean, and some Andean South American regions. It’s refreshing, crispy, ice-white, fruit-flavored tuber can be eaten raw or cooked in a variety of sweet as well as savory dishes worldwide
Yam benefits for health and beauty make this fruit is quite popular with the public. Not only its price is cheap, this fruit had a sweet taste and has quite a lot of water content. This includes a group yam tubers and fruits usually is made as of the complementary salad. Fruit latin name pachyhirus erosus have indeed come from tropical America as well as in the family of legumes or in the biological sense intended Fabaceae. This plant can form the shape of a circular root and can weigh up to 5 kilograms. Slightly yellowish colored outer skin, but the flesh is white.
What are the Health Benefits of Jicama (yam bean) ?
Here are some amazing Health Benefits of Jicama (yam bean) For Beauty and your body :
- Jicama is one of the very low calorie root vegetables; carrying only 35 calories per 100 g. However, its high quality phyto-nutrition profile comprises of dietary fiber, and anti-oxidants, in addition to small proportions of minerals, and vitamins.
- It is one of the finest sources of dietary fiber; particularly excellent source of oligofructose inulin, a soluble dietary fiber. The root pulp provides 4.9 mg or 13% of fiber. Inulin is a zero calorie sweet inert carbohydrate. It does not undergo metabolize inside the human body which make jicama an ideal sweet snack for diabetics and dieters.
- As in turnips, fresh yam bean tubers are also rich in vitamin C; provide about 20.2 mg or 34% of DRA of vitamin C per 100 g. Vitamin-C is a powerful water-soluble anti-oxidant that helps body scavenge harmful free radicals, thereby offers protection from cancers, inflammation and viral cough and cold.
- It also contains small levels of some of valuable B-complex group of vitamins such as folates, riboflavin, pyridoxine, pantothenic acid and thiamin.
- Further, the root provides healthy amounts of some of important minerals like magnesium, copper, iron and manganese.
Thus I created this article to provide information on the “Health Benefits of Jicama (yam bean) For Beauty and your body” may be able to give a good knowledge for the readers. If this article is pleased and feel good, would you to share this artikle via Facebook, Twitter so your friends know this information.