Need a last minute Super Bowl snack that will rock your Super Sunday with fiber and fire? Look no further than Buffalo Wing Popcorn.
This spicy caramel popcorn from Bon Appetit is the easiest, most delicious way to incorporate that timeless whole grain: popcorn.
Popcorn by itself has 4 grams of fiber in 3 cups of air popped popcorn. Once you add all this butter and sugar though….you don’t wanna know!
Buffalo Wing Popcorn
- Nonstick spray
- 8 cups plain, popped popcorn (made from 1/2 cup kernels)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Original sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Coat parchment paper and a large bowl with nonstick spray and add popcorn to bowl. Set aside baking sheet.
- Bring sugar and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil, swirling pan occasionally, until caramel is a deep amber color, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in hot sauce and butter (mixture will bubble vigorously). Return to a boil and cook another 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in salt, baking soda, and cayenne. Working quickly – and carefully because the caramel is very hot – pour caramel mixture over popcorn and toss to coat.
- Spread popcorn on prepared baking sheet and bake, tossing once, until dry, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool.