If you’re the average American, the Calorie Control Council says you’re gearing up to wolf down 2,400 calories this Super Bowl Sunday.
To keep your feeding frenzy in check, try out some of these sneaky healthy Super Bowl tricks:
Be Choosy About Your Chips
- Americans will eat over 11 million pounds of chips this Super Bowl Sunday
- Be choosy when you choose your chips, and look for those that have 3 grams of fiber or more and at least 3 grams of protein per serving
- I love Way Better Snacks, a line of whole grain, sprouted grain chips that are great tasting and better-for-you – they all have 3 g fiber or more and pack flavor and nutrition in a hearty, healthy bite
Get Wise to Leaner Wings
- Wings are king on Super Bowl Sunday! Americans are poised to eat more than 1.25 billion wings this SBS
- If you love wings but want to skimp on the fat, try baking your wings instead of frying. I love the Serious Eats approach to crispy baked wings: toss in baking powder & salt before sticking in the oven
- To give your wings some serious kick without the calories, toss in lighter sauces. I’ve been playing around with Lee Kum Kee’s new Sriracha Chili Ketchup which makes a great wing sauce
Finish Line Favorites
- Ain’t no party like a Super Bowl Party and you have to have dessert!
- Serve your guests decadent treats in bite size portions that will satisfy without all the sugar
- This year I’m serving up LEVEL Life Peanut Butter Cups – with only 3 grams sugar per 2 PB cup serving, these guys go all the way with 80% less sugar than your standard peanut butter cup
For these and other sneaky healthy super bowl tips, check out my segment on NBC 7 San Diego.
Sponsored Post Disclosure: I was compensated for product mention in this post & TV segment – thoughts & opinions are my own.