There is a TV show I like to watch called NCIS. The main character on the show has these “rules” that he created for life and for his job. Everybody has their rules of life that give them a guide on how to live life. These are my rules of life. Some of these are quotes from other people.
- There is nothing wrong with playing with Thunderbolt casino bonuses, just give yourself a “fun budget” and when the money run outs, the money runs out.
- Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.
- Murphy’s law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong, at the wrong time.
- Those that do not know the past are condemned to repeat it.
- The only sure things in life are death and taxes.
- If you are not sure if you should take a jacket, take one, because you can always take it off if you have it, but you can’t put it on if you do not have it.
- People vote with their pocketbooks. If their pocketbooks are fine, then they vote for the other stuff.
- If you don’t vote, you lose your right to complain. A write in vote is legal in most areas.
- Every so often, things need to be shaken up a bit.
- When choosing a career you need to balance work and hobbies. If what you love to do, can’t make enough money to support you and your family, then you need to balance it out with something else that can pay the bills. For example, can you make enough money with being an artist to support the hobby, but not enough to pay the rent? If so, then you need another skill, for example accounting, to make money to support yourself and your family.
- Every so often make a 5-year plan. If you do not have a goal to work towards, you are not going to grow emotionally, economically or physically.
- Don’t be afraid to ask, because the other person is never going to be afraid to say no.
- You have the right to say what you want to say, and I have the right to ignore you.
- When making a budget, start with your take home pay. If you are responsible for the taxes, take them out (emotionally and physically) before creating the rest of the budget.
- Treat other people the way that you want them to treat you. If you would not want somebody doing something to you, don’t do it to them.
I’m sure there are other “live-by wisdoms” out there. Feel free to add to our list and move it along….