Congratulations to Donna Ryan of Topsfield, Massachusetts for submitting the winning recipe to Fiber is the Future’s California Avocado Recipe Contest!
Donna’s recipe – Beautiful Avocado Breakfast Blossoms – demonstrates a creative and unique way to incorporate the delicious and nutritious California Avocado as part of a healthy breakfast.
Thank you to all who submitted recipes. Donna wins an action-packed prize package from The California Avocado Commission to keep her going with all of her avocado-related culinary endeavors. Congratulations Donna!
California Avocado Breakfast Blossoms
Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large, firm bell pepper – any color
- 2 ripe California Avocados
- 4 strips precooked bacon
- 1/2-loaf ciabatta bread – sliced into 1/2″ slices
- 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- Preheat nonstick pan or griddle on stovetop at medium-low heat
- Wash and slice bell pepper into at least four 1/2″ rings
- Place pepper rings on heated pan – do not crowd
- Crack eggs and add 1 egg per pepper ring, lower heat and cook eggs according to preference
- While eggs are cooking, slice California Avocado into thick 1/2-3/4″ strips
- Slice and toast bread
- Reheat bacon in microwave for 10-15 minutes or until warm, blot on paper towel and chop coarsely
- When eggs are cooked, place egg inside of pepper ring on platter or individual plates
- Add California Avocado sections to look like a flower stem and leaves
- Spoon 1/2 T BBQ sauce and add bacon as garnish to egg
- Place toast under the “blossom”, serve and enjoy!
For more great recipe ideas please visit the California Avocado Commission’s website at www.CaliforniaAvocado.com.