What is Depression?
Depression is a mental illness that usually occurs due to trauma. When someone is suffering from depression, they will no more feel any interest in socializing with other people, and they find it hard to cope with their daily routine. Depression causes extreme sadness and loss of interest in many things.
Moreover, depression affects mental health and physical health as people suffering from depression continuously confirm that they lack energy and are usually suffering from sleep deprivation. There are several ways to cope with or overcome depression, including: performing yoga and opting to buy a yoga wheel online to calm the mind adequately.
What is Anxiety
Everyone has experienced anxiety at least once in their life. Anxiety affects the nervous system of the overall body and leads to stress. For example, if someone is going to a job interview, they can feel tension increasing. However, these are common cases where anxiety affects someone.
Besides, if you feel anxious about almost everything, and if the anxiety level is not decreasing over 2-3 months, it is advisable to seek professional help. Usually, people who cannot cope with their anxiety level in the long term are more prone to anxiety disorder.
Causes of Depression
Depression is a severe mental illness, and there many reasons that can trigger depression in a person, such as:
People who have been hit by trauma usually end up having depression. Some common examples of traumas are:
- domestic violence
- community violence
- sexual abuse (Rape)
- physical abuse
- natural calamities
- car accident
- the sudden death of someone close (suicide or murder)
- civil war or terrorism
- serious health illness such as cancer
Many people suffer from drug addiction. When they do not receive the drugs in their body, they start going into a depressive and violent phase.
Many pharmaceutical drugs consist of depression as a side-effect. Therefore, some people may suffer from depression due to the intake of medications that can lead to depression.
Causes of Anxiety
The causes of how anxiety occurs is still an on-going debate in the medical field. However, several evident reasons trigger anxiety in someone, such as people suffering from profound health conditions such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease, thyroid conditions, drug abuse, and withdrawal symptoms.
Symptoms of Depression
Diagnosing depression in someone is easy as the symptoms will be crystal-clear such as:
- Inability to sleep enough (Sleep deprivation or insomnia)
- Loss of interest in passion and hobbies
- Nothing no more seems to bring joy and pleasure into your life
- Reduced sex drive or no desire to have sex at all
- Sudden weight loss or weight gained
- Regular mood swings (anger or violence)
- Lack of energy and fatigue
- Feeling guilty for past mistakes
- Starting illicit substance abuse
- Inability to concentrate or remember things
- All your surrounding feels dull
- Unexplainable and chronic pains
Symptoms of Anxiety
There are numerous symptoms to diagnose anxiety disorder in someone, including:
- Panic attacks
- Fear of dying
- Fear of death of closed one
- Anticipating the death of someone
- Irregular heartbeat
- Shortness of breath (Hyperventilation)
- Sweating or feeling cold
- The mouth is dry even after drinking water
- Trembling or shaking
- Nausea or abdominal pain
How to balance or overcome depression?
There are several ways to cope with or overcome depression, including:
- Be involved in activities that you like (Even if you do not feel like doing them)
- Persist in getting engaged with your passion and hobbies
- Care for a pet
- Develop a daily sleep pattern (Sleeping and waking up the same time every day; even on the weekend)
- Always surround yourself with people who care for you.
- Start meditating, such as performing yoga. You can also buy a yoga wheel online as this will help you achieve various types of yoga exercises that will positively help provide a calm mind.
How to balance or overcome anxiety?
Overcoming anxiety can be an easy task if you do it in the right way, such as:
- Meditating and practicing breathing techniques
- Positive lifestyle changes
- Acknowledge what you are experiencing
- Eat healthily
- Limit intake of alcohol and tobacco
Furthermore, if the remedy, as mentioned earlier, does not seem to work for you, it is advisable to seek professional help. Doctors will provide pharmaceutical drugs to help you overcome anxiety.
As you may deduce, overcoming, or balancing depression and anxiety is not a difficult task. However, it depends on the impact you have experienced in life, such as a deep trauma or loss of someone close, to determine the severity of your depression or anxiety. If natural remedies are not functioning for you, it is better to visit a doctor.