Congratulations to Roxanne Chan of Albany, CA for winning the Fiber is the Future & California Avocado Commission’s Recipe Contest!
Roxanne’s recipe submission is for an Avocado Berry Gelee, an innovative use of avocados in an easy-to-prepare and beautifully displayed summertime dessert.
Avocado Berry Gelee
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 large ripe but slightly firm California avocado, peeled, pitted, coarsely grated
- 2 Tbsp blueberries
- 2 Tbsp raspberries
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp minced candied ginger
- Lime zest and berries for garnish
- Combine the grated avocado, berries and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the orange juice in a separate, small microwavable dish; let soften 1-2 minutes then microwave 10 seconds on high or until the gelatin dissolves.
- Stir in the avocado and berry mixture along with the ginger.
- Pour into a 4 cup mold and refrigerate till the gelee sets up, approximately 1-2 hours.
- To serve: unmold onto a serving dish, garnish and serve.
Congratulations again to Roxanne and to all of the other contest entrants.
For more great California Avocado recipes, click here.