Did you know that Benefits of Pomegranate (Punica granatum) for Eye Health and AntiCancer . The pomegranate, botanical name Punica granatum, is a fruit-bearing deciduous shrub or small tree growing between 5 and 8 m (16–26 ft) tall. In the Northern Hemisphere, the fruit is typically in season from September to February, and in the Southern Hemisphere from March to May. Pomegranates are used in cooking, baking, juices, smoothies, and alcoholic beverages, such as martinis and wine.
Pomegranate fruit has reddish yellow rind. When cut open, the seeds appear separated by several partitions (segments). Kiulat pomegranate seeds shaped into small, clear red, and high water content fresh so that it tastes sweet.
The content of nutrients and phytonutrients
- Provitamin A (carotenoids), vitamin C, vitamin 81, and 82 vitamins.
- Minerals iron and potassium / potassium.
- Polyphenols (3 times more than tehhijau).
Here are Benefits of Pomegranate (Punica granatum) for Eye Health and AntiCancer :
- Reduce fever.
- Dilute phlegm and cures cough.
- Good for eye health.
- As an antioxidant and
- Prevent atherosclerosis.
- Boost immunity.
- Inhibit the development of HIV virus.
- Most powerful anti-oxidant of all fruits
- Potent anti-cancer and immune supporting effects
- Inhibits abnormal platelet aggregation that could cause heart attacks, strokes and embolic disease
- Lowers cholesterol and other cardiac risk factors
- Lowers blood pressure
- Shown to promote reversal of atherosclerotic plaque in human studies
- May have benefits to relieve or protect against depression and osteoporosis
Many studies show that the pomegranate is one of the most powerful, nutrient dense foods for overall good health. These clinical findings clearly show a correlation between pomegranate compounds and their positive effect on both human and animal cardiovascular, nervous, and skeletal health. This is one fruit that you can’t afford to exclude from your diet!
Our hope this article entitled “Benefits of Pomegranate (Punica granatum) for Eye Health and AntiCancer” can be useful for visitors or readers.