CBD is a product that comes from cannabidiol which is among the many components found in a marijuana plant or hemp. The oils that are made from this compound are known as CBD oils. Oil is obtained through a process known and which involves the use of alcohol. The process may also involve the use of carbon dioxide chambers which removes the compound from the plant. You can also soak the plant in olive oil which will leave the cannabidiol as a liquid.
Despite the fact that it comes from marijuana plant, it does not have harmful effects which are associated in consumption of marijuana components. Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is the cannabis component that causes hallucinogenic effects. The major difference between THC and is that CBD does not stimulate brain receptors which are stimulated by THC. As a result, CBD is very safe and today it is being used in treatment of various diseases as explained below.
1. Pain relief If you are searching for the best remedy for acute pain or chronic illness, CBD might be the perfect solution. It is also known to relief headaches and other form of body pain. Again, it is very effective in arthritis, chemotherapy and joint pain treatments. What you will like about it is that it does not have any side effects like some pharmaceutical pain medicines. It can also be used in treatments of long-term pain without any risk of experiencing withdrawal symptoms or addiction.
2. DiabetesCannabidiol is known in prevention of insulin resistance and sensitivity. As a result, you can rely on it in prevention of diabetes type 1 and 2. It also helps to lower the amount of insulin required to sustain healthy blood sugar levels.
3. Depression and AnxietyJust like how the anti-anxiety medicines and antidepressants work in targeting specific serotonin receptors in your brain, CBD also targets serotonins without any side effects such as mood swings, nausea, headaches among others which are experienced after using medicines used to treat depression and anxiety. Again, its ability to interact with different brain receptors also contributes to a calming effect of the brain and as a result, it is also used in treatment of insomnia and mood disorders.
4. Stress and inflammation The other benefit of CBD is that it helps to relieve inflammation which is caused by chronic stress. Apart from its blood glucose control abilities, people who suffer from diabetes can also benefit from its ability to fight inflammation. This means that it prevents the blood sugar levels from being too little or too much. If your looking for an easy option check out a cbd vape pen.
5. High Blood pressureCBD is also known to improve cholesterol since it is able to regulate blood pressure and lipid uptake. One thing you should note is that cannabidiol has the ability to connect the receptors that control cholesterol and blood pressure. Also, due to its anti-anxiety and anti-inflammatory properties, it can be used to control high blood pressure which results due to stress.
6. Sleep disorderCBD is also known to promote restful sleep. It has been used for many years across different cultures as a sleep aid. It does this by regulating sleep patterns, reducing stress and also through pain alleviation.
7. CancerSome scientist have discovered that CBD can prevent spread of cancer by inducing the death of cancer cells. As a result, it can be used as an anti-cancer drug.
8. Irritable Bowel SyndromeCannabidiol can be used in the treatment of IBS since it is able to control the neuroimmune system which involves a network of structures that connects the immune system, gut microbes, and the central nervous system.
9. AcneCBD has some anti-inflammatory properties. As a result, it is used in skin care products such as body lotions to treat acne.
Those are the major benefits of CBD and as you have learned, CBD can be used in treatment of so many diseases. Many people tend to think that all elements found in marijuana have negative effects on the human body. Others think that using any compound from a marijuana plant is illegal and you may face legal actions. The only compound that causes the body to react in a negative way is the THC which is very different from CBD. That is all for now. Have you learned something?