Tiny, vibrant and sweet blueberries are an essential pick during the summer season. You would find them in oatmeal, waffles, cereals, pancakes, smoothies and drink, but little do you know the wonders these blueberries bring to your body. The blue colored berries we eat come from perennial flowering plants and their blue colors is formed from anthocyanin which has numerous health benefits. Let’s have a look at these benefits one by one.
- Blueberries are high in vitamin C and low in calories. A full cup provides you with a daily dose of 14% fibre, 24% vitamin C and less than 100 calories.
- The polymer-like molecules in blueberries are very useful for Urinary Tract Infection patients and have proven to be a great source in healing urinary infections.
- Since blueberries are made up of anthocyanin and rich in Vitamin A, C, E, magnesium and phosphorus, it serves as an antioxidant as well. These nutrients act as a natural medicine to treat neurotic disorders, heal Alzheimer’s disease and improve nervous system.
- As an antioxidant-rich fruit, blueberries are helpful in preventing anti-ageing signs. Blueberry products are widely used to lessen facial wrinkles and sunspots.
- Blueberries are low on the glycemic index, therefore they help in regulating sugar levels; prevent Type-2 diabetes and chronic diseases.
- Blueberries contain carotenoids that are very good for the eyes. Regular use of blueberries prevents degeneration of the retina and eye ageing.
- The vitamins and minerals in blueberries are a good source of energy. They keep bones strong, increase metabolism, prevent blood clotting and improve the overall immune system.
- Compounds such as copper, vitamin C, flavonoids and pterostilbene in blueberries prevent the body from causing liver and colon cancer.
- Blueberry facial masks and skin care products are helpful in giving a natural glow to your skin. They also prove to reduce acne marks and scars.
With all the above benefits, it seems evident that blueberries must be an essential part of our diet. Let’s now take a look at some of the best available blueberry products:
These fresh, frozen and dried blueberries are a must have in your pantry. They can be used in their original form or you can mix them in your desserts and smoothies. 100 % natural with no gluten or GMO, Mother Earth blueberries can be stored for years in the prescribed condition. A healthy way to add a bit of sweet, crunchy and nutritious flavor to your breakfast and evening time snacks.2. Pamela’s Products Gluten Free Figgies and Jammies Cookies, Blueberry and Fig
3. CLIF BAR – Energy Bar – Blueberry Crisp
Instead of having some unhealthy junk snacks when hungry, try out these gluten-free, fig and blueberry jam cookies by Pamela products. These contain no eggs, gluten or any other fattening or artificial flavor; they tend to be a healthy and nutritious snack for all age groups. Keep them stored as a delicious lunchbox or on-the-wheel snack item.
CLIF BAR is a nutritious snack rich in protein, fiber, carbs and made up of natural blueberries, nuts, oats and chocolate. Whether you want a light fruity treat so start your day or healthy fulfilling snack to satisfy your hunger pangs, it’s a wholesome economical choice be with you every time of the day.4. Sweetly Divine Natural Fruit Flavored Blueberry Syrup
Sweetly Divine blueberry syrup adds an instant flavor to your desserts, smoothies and coffee and drinks. With natural blueberries, sugar and citric acid, it contains no artificial sweeteners or gluten to harm your health. Now you can make homemade blueberry shakes, ice-creams and waffles with a just a sprinkle of Sweetly Divine natural syrup.5. Quaker Breakfast Squares, Soft Baked Bars, Blueberry
What’s better than having a fruity, healthy breakfast every day? Get these famous
Quaker Blueberry Breakfast Squares Soft Baked Bars that are made with whole wheat, whole grain and natural blueberries. A convenient and delicious source of fibre, vitamins and minerals, for the whole family.
Looking for a healthy and delicious party snack? Betty Crocker blueberry muffin and bread mix is easy to make recipe for quick home-baked delights. Made with real blueberries, Betty Crocker has always been a name of trust and quality taste; so now you can make fresh, healthy and nourishing muffins at home.7. Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bar, Blueberry Greek Yogurt
This instant energy booster is a delicious blend of juicy blueberries, roasted crunchy almonds and Greek yoghurt. The low in carb, rich in protein; Atkins Meal Bar is a complete meal for fitness freaks, athletes and those who want to maintain a healthy and balanced diet. Atkins products are also clinically proven to provide weight-loss and health benefits.8. Quaker Instant Oatmeal Breakfast Cereal, Blueberries and Cream
Quaker Instant oatmeal cereal with blueberries is a fruity sweet way to start your day. With essential minerals and vitamins extracted from real berries, iron and calcium, Quaker oatmeal is a healthy addition to your diet to reduce the risk of chronic diseases and lower cholesterol rate.9. Blueberry Powder 100% ORGANIC
1st Step 100% organic blueberry powder is made of fresh blueberries and can be used in smoothies, shakes, yoghurt and other desserts. With no preservatives, sugar and gluten, it is rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, this organic powder can be stored in the pantry for 10 years from the date of packaging and used anywhere anytime. If you aren’t ready for the blueberry taste yet, this organic powder is a great way to gradually add blueberries to your meals.
10. Wäbry Organic Syrup 14.9 oz. (Blueberry)
Wabry is certified organic, gluten-free blueberry syrup that tastes great with waffles, milk, smoothies, ice-cream, yoghurt and oatmeal. Extracted from 1005 natural and fresh blueberries, every drop of Wabry will give you the sweet and fruity flavor of berries and richness of proteins, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. As socially responsible manufacturers, every purchase of Wabry donates a healthy meal to a hungry, deserving child.
11. Van’s, Blueberry Sandwich Bars
12. Stonewall Kitchen Wild Maine Spread, Blueberry
These are nutritious and wholesome sandwiches for the whole family. Filled with fresh and ripe blueberries, these bars are made with gluten-free oats and rich creamy peanut butter to give that chewy soft feel. You can dip them in milk, top them with cream or simply munch them any time hunger knocks your tummy.
Rich and nourishing in taste, this blueberry spread comes from Maine and Stonewall. A spoonful is a mouth full of whole berries and think syrup with no artificial sugar or preservatives. Make your breakfast berrier with bread and blueberry wholesomeness.
These are blueberry jam filled cookies come all the way from Thailand to give flavor to your taste buds. These aren’t gluten free; contain artificial flavors yet a famous sweet treat for children.
This is the finest quality blueberry powder made with 100% pure and fresh blueberries. Free from all fertilizers and solvents, it’s organic and contains no artificial flavors or gluten to harm your health regime. Adding Biofinest wild blueberry powder to your daily routine will prevent you from chronic diseases, improve your nervous system and strengthen your immune system.
This is an all-natural blueberry flavored smooth and thick spread for sandwiches, rolls, biscuits, pancakes and toasts. For a quick and nutritious treat in the morning or evening, just store this creamy spread in your refrigerator and use it as you like.
16. Lipton Green Tea Bags, Purple Acai Blueberry 20 Count
span style=”font-weight: 400;”>For years, Lipton has been known for its tea but you might not have tried their refreshing purple acai blueberry tea. Just pour in hot or cold water and sip in the nutrients of blueberry anytime of the day to keep yourself healthy and energized.
17. Muscle Milk Smoothie Protein Yogurt Shake, Blueberry
This is a high quality blueberry flavored protein shake made with Greek yoghurt and fresh blueberries to give athletes and fitness freaks energy, nourishment and fulfillment. It serves as a great organic meal with no gluten, soy and artificial flavors, but only rich minerals, calcium and vitamin for instant vitality and power. Also available in chocolate, mango and vanilla flavor.
18. Bissingers Gourmet Gummy Pandas – Blueberry Acai
Looking for a healthy treat for your little ones? Bissinger’s being one of the premier candy companies in the world brings blueberry gummies with natural blueberry juice enriched with Vitamin C, minerals and other nutrients.
19. Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea, True Blueberry
If you are bored of having regular green tea every day, try this berrilicious True Blueberry Herbal. Absolutely natural with no caffeine, gluten or preservatives, simply dip the taste of fine blueberry teabags in a cup of water and you’ll forget other flavors.
20. Mountain House Granola with Milk & Blueberries
This is for all the adventurous campers and hikers. No matter where you are going, this emergency food supply kit is enriched with flavor and nutrients to give you instant energy and wholesomeness of berries. Simply add a bit of water and you get the crunchy yummy cereal ready in less than 10 minutes. No hassle of cleaning or washing the dishes. Easy to make and easy to eat. Conclusion:
Don’t these products look tempting and healthy? If you think so and convinced of making blueberries a regular ingredient to your diet, then wait no more. It’s time to do some pantry shopping for a fruity, nutritious lifestyle.