What are the Health Benefits of Ginseng for Reduce mental stress, Treating Diabetes, Stimulate the immune and nervous system, Reduce Fatigue, Lowering cholesterol and many more
Did you know that Health Benefits of Ginseng for your Body. Ginseng is any one of 11 species of slow-growing perennial plants with fleshy roots, belonging to the genus Panax of the family Araliaceae. Ginseng is found in North America and in eastern Asia, typically in cooler climates.
Ginseng is often referred to as a “magic potion” because it has a number of health benefits so much. The roots of this plant are believed to overcome a number of health problems. Some people say, ginseng efficacious in lowering high blood pressure and raised blood pressure low.
The existence of ginseng actually been around a long time and has been used in the manufacture of herbal tea in China. In Indonesia alone, ginseng is used in traditional medicine. Ginseng has many bioactive compounds such as, saponins, phytosterols, peptides, polysaccharides, fatty acids, polyacetylenes, vitamins, and minerals.
Health Benefits of Ginseng for your Body
The following are some of the health benefits that can be obtained from a plant that is often used as a traditional concoction this:
1. Reduce mental stress: Ginseng can improve mental alertness, while also changing the mood and relieve fatigue. Other benefits are as herb antidepressant and anti-anxiety. When a person is experiencing excessive stress, adrenal hormones (cortisol, adrenaline, and noradrenaline) will flow out and cause a variety of health problems. In this situation, ginseng can help you in balancing the level of adrenaline.
2. Stimulate the immune and nervous system: Ginseng can boost immunity. Some experts say ginseng herbal medicine can improve the quality of life. Adaptogenic properties on ginseng helps stimulate the young. Whereas in older people, can restore damaged cells in the body. Ginseng can also help you fight the flu and other infectious diseases.
3. Treating Diabetes: Blood sugar levels can drop drastically by taking ginseng. However, if you already use antidiabetic drugs, it is necessary to reconsider the use of ginseng simultaneously. Because the mixing ginseng with diabetes drugs can make blood sugar levels are too low. Therefore, it is necessary recommendation from a doctor.
4. Preventing the development of cancer: The growth of certain types of cancer cells can be inhibited by ginseng. Chinese Medicine Journal reported, ginsenosides have an anti-tumor effect and can induce cell damage in prostate cancer, ovarian cancer cells, lung adenocarcinoma cells and neuroblastoma cells. In addition, ginseng also function in inhibiting cell cycle progression, so as to slow the growth of cancer cells.
5. Lowering cholesterol: In some studies, ginseng was found to lower LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol). Scientists believe that ginsenocides contained in ginseng is responsible for the reduction of cholesterol levels in the body.
6. Reduce Fatigue: The role of the various strains adaptogenic Ginseng is believed to physiological changes in the body to adapt to fatigue due to overwork.
7. Increase endurance athletes: Quality of ginseng in improving stamina tonic stimulant has made it popular among athletes. During practice, an athlete needs to be consistent stamina to remain high, and ginseng can help to make it happen.
The use of ginseng is not recommended especially for pregnant women and breast-feeding, to prevent the occurrence of contraindications. In addition, ginseng may also affect the reaction of some drugs, such as blood thinners such as warfarin, heparin, aspirin, and diuretics.
Therefore, it is not advisable to consume ginseng if you are taking medication for hypertension or other cardiovascular disease.
Our hope this article entitled “7 Health Benefits of Ginseng for your Body” can be useful for visitors or readers.