People start getting crazy about food this time of year. The holidays can be stressful and lead to unwanted weight gain. If you’re going to battle the bulge – fad diets are NOT the way to go.
Here’s a quick rundown of 5 Reasons to Forego Fad Diets that I put together for TOPS: Taking Pounds Off Sensibly:
- Water Weight is Not Fat Loss – most fad diets promote water weight that is easily gained back
- Carbs are Still King – the majority of your calories should come from carbohydrate, but the good kind of carbs
- Slow and Steady Wins the Race – a weight loss rate of 1-2 pounds per week is ideal
- Your Diet Shouldn’t Deprive You – a sustainable meal plan is one that leaves you feeling satiated
- The Scale Isn’t All That Matters – other metrics like waist circumference and your mood make sense to calculate too!
To download the full pdf, click here.
TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is the short name for TOPS Club, Inc., the original nonprofit, noncommercial network of weight-loss support groups and wellness education organization. TOPS offers tools and programs for healthy living and weight management, with exceptional group fellowship and recognition. Established in 1948 to champion weight-loss support and success, we’ve helped millions of people live healthier lives. To learn more visit tops.org.
Disclosure: I am a paid nutrition consultant for TOPS Club, Inc. I was paid to create the content in this blog post, although I was not paid for this particular blog post.