What are the Amazing Benefits of Sapodilla (Chikoo) For Weight Loss (Diet)
Manilkara zapota, commonly known as the sapodilla, is a long-lived, evergreen tree native to southern Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. An example natural occurrence is in coastal Yucatán in the Petenes mangroves ecoregion, where it is a subdominant plant species. It was introduced to the Philippines during Spanish colonization. It is grown in large quantities in India, Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, Indonesia, Bangladesh and Mexico.
Sapodilla or sapota (chikoo) is another popular tropical fruit in line with mango, banana, jackfruit, etc. Sapota composes of soft, easily digestible pulp made of simple sugars like fructose and sucrose.
Sapota is a tropical evergreen, fruit-bearing tree belongs to the family of Sapotaceae, in the genus: Manilkara. Scientific name: Manilkara zapota. Sapote thought to have originated in the central American rain forests, probably in Mexico and Belize. Today, its cultivation has spread all over the tropical belt and is being grown as a major commercial crop in India, Sri Lanka, Indonesia and Malaysia. The tree is one of fast growing, wind and drought resistant, and it flourishes well even under dry arid regions receiving scanty rains. However, water irrigation during summer would results in good fruit yields.
Read Also :
Here are Amazing Health Benefits of Sapodilla For Weight Loss (Diet) :
- Chiku is rich in dietary fibre, may be used as a good natural laxative. Being having adequate fibre, it helps to aid in digestion thus relieves from indigestion and constipation.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of tannins present in Chikoo reduce the chances of erosive gastritis, enteritis, irritating bowel and reflux-esophagitis and gastric disorders.
- Sapodilla protects the inner lining of the mucous membrane of colon from carcinogenic toxins.
- Chiku contains Tannin, a powerful antioxidants that acts as anta-acid and contend free radicals. Tannins are effective against many diseases ant acts as anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-parasitic.
- Chiku is endowed with minerals such as potassium, copper, iron, folate, niacin, and pantothenic acid which are good for many metabolic body activities.
- Sapodilla is having vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin B complex. These vitamins and antioxidants boost immunity of the body and also good for hair and skin.
- Vitamin E in Chiku has a chemical compound alpha-tocopherol that might reduce the risk of developing heart diseases.
- Vitamin C helps to improve your immunity and also protect you from gout and cataracts. Vitamin C, also good to provide shining skin.
- The presence of vitamin is beneficial for vision. It also helpful for lungs.
- Boiled Semi-liquid of Chico skin may be given to children to control loose motion. The ingredient is also beneficial in case of fever.
- Eating of Chico helps to relieve from congestion and cough. It is known as expectorant removal.
- Sapodilla is diuretic in nature, good in removal of waste products from the body by frequent urination. It helps in water concentration thereby prevents water retention.
- Chikoo is good for lactating mother due to essential nutrients and carbohydrate. It helps in pregnancy by overcoming nausea and dizziness.
- Sapodilla has enough calcium, phosphorous, and iron. These nutrients are helpful in strengthening of bones.
- When the crushed seeds of Chikoo are eaten, it helps to remove kidney and bladder stones because of its diuretic in nature.
- Prolific was first introduced in 1951. It has a cone shape. Skin of prolific is brown in color and inside is pink. It has a sweet taste and fragrance. It is 2.5-3.5 inches long with a smaller width. the quality of prolific is termed as good.
- Russell is the oldest member of the family available since 1935. It is 3-5 inches long and has a spherical shape. It is rich in taste and is similar to that of other family members.
- Tikal is a special variety smaller than other types and ripens fast. It has a great taste. Tikal is oval in shape and has a light brown color.
- Chikoo can be eaten with skin. It helps in maintenance of good health.
- Potassium in chikoo regulates blood pressure and blood circulation.
- Chikoo prevents water retention in the body by maintaining water content
- Chikoo helps in removing toxics from the body through frequent urination. It helps in removing body wastes. It protects kidneys and also supports in removal of kidney and bladder stones.
- Chikoo seeds can be made into paste and used as an ointment for insect bites.